Sunday, December 9, 2012

Less is More: In a Row

The challenge at Less is More is to make a one layer card with the theme "in a row."  I had a lot of ideas for this one and was able to make several cards last night.

I started by using the monochromatic pinks from Dynamic Duos.  I used a small snowflake stamp from Hero Arts Swirl Christmas and stamped two rows of snowflakes. My gridded block made easy work of lining up these little snowflakes.  I added a bit of bling to the center of each snowflake, a simple sentiment, a some twine at the top to finish it off.  


This card uses a penguin from an Inkadinkado set.  I was on my last bit of bright pink twine and didn't have enough for a bow.  So sad.  I think I'm going to have to rework this card.


Next I pulled out a stamp I've had for years from Rubber Soul.  We used to have a Rubber Soul store in the small town next to ours but they've been gone for a few years now. :(  This is an individual image that I stamped three times in a row before adding tiny bows.  On the first card I imagine they are bunches of lavender and on the second card bunches of wheat.



I made a final card that is not one layer, but I wanted to see the image matted with a coordinating cardstock.  In the photo the purples look different, but in real life they match and look quite nice, I think.


I had more ideas but I must get on with cleaning house so we can decorate our tree this afternoon!

Thanks for visiting!

Ann



17 comments:

Rosemary said...

your cards are always fantastic, ann! this group is gorgeous! (i'm sad to read that rubber soul is gone... unfortunately i was only able to visit the store once.)

Judy1223 said...

Ann, I can't decide which card I like best...I love them all! Good luck with the challenges, these look like winners to me!

Lynn said...

An awesome set of cards! I especially love the snowflakes on the first!

Jen Nelson said...

all fab as always Ann

Thanks for joining us

Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Jessi Fogan said...

Wait, you stopped crafting to go clean? NOOOOO. Don't tell anyone at my house that's a possible thing to do, OK?
I'm in love with that penguin card - I HAVE that penguin and why have I never stamped him in colour? He's awesome! That is very sad about the twine. Must get more. Immediately.
I love the Rubber Soul stamp - being able to use it as a variety of 'things' really expands its usefulness.

Kim S said...

Each card is SO sweet! I cannot imagine lining up all of those little snowflakes. And I love the flexibility of the wheat/lavender!

Sue said...

Lovely cards, Ann, I like the cute penguins! Sue x

Unknown said...

All of your cards are so pretty. Great use of this weeks colors. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Karen M said...

All these cards look fab x x

Chrissie said...

Gorgeous cards Ann, I think that the first one is my fave!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Stempelomi said...

all cards are great work!

Darnell said...

Another productive and fantastic crafting session, Ann! I really love the sponging around the front on the wheat one. We used to do a lot of that technique, so thanks for the reminder of how much I like that look!!

Anonymous said...

These are all gorgeous, wouldn't want to choose a favorite, but do love the cute penguins and the lavender/wheat! Anita in France :)

lostinpaper said...

Fantastic Ann! My fave is those sweet penguins, great colours choices too!

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic line-up of lovely cards. ;-) I'm not very good at one-layer cards, but you've done beautifully on all these. Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week. ;-)

Unknown said...

I have to admit that the Penquins are my favourite, gorgeous job with all of them though. So glad you shared them with us at Dynamic Duos.

Viv said...

Fabulous cards all of them Ann, just can't choose a fav :) Viv xx