Friday, September 7, 2012

OLW 104

I'm playing along with One-Layer Wednesday 104 today.  We're asked to make a one-layer card that expresses gratitude.

My entry uses a cheap Studio112 stamp.  I really love the images on this grid stamp and have found that it stamps wonderfully with chalk inks.  I used VersaMagic pumpkin spice, jumbo java, eggplant, and .  Sentiment is from PTI lovely layers.



I first stamped the card on scrap cardstock to experiment  with inks.  It stamped so well I decided to cut it down and use it for a card, too.  I like to experiment with different layouts and I thought two were worth posting.  The sentiment strip is just a narrow strip of cardstock that I stuck straight down into my corner rounder. 



Thanks for visiting.

Ann

10 comments:

Darnell said...

Awesome cards, Ann. I have similar stamps that I've never stamped in fall colors before, but I will now. I just love how the white grid pops against the green background - and how you've offset the sentiment on the thank you card. Very CASEable! Thank YOU!!

lostinpaper said...

WOW! This stamp really packs a punch! My fave is the final one with the green card base and the offset sentiment!

Rosemary said...

once, again, you have created two beautiful cards, ann! my favorite is the first one, though... so clean and crisp!

Judy1223 said...

Ann, I love both versions of your cards! I really love the one-layer white version, but both are rich and classy!

Patrice said...

Fabulous card-hope you link up at 52 card pickup again this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-36.html

librariane said...

I also like the layout and colors!

Mynn xx said...

What a gorgeous set of cards!!! LOVE the floral image and the color combo is fabulous! Please come join me at the Technique Tuesday challenge blog if you get the time! :)

Ardyth said...

Beautiful fall colours - I'll have to give Versamagic a try! Wonderful OLW card!

Vicky Hayes said...

Your cards are always gorgeous Ann! These are both lovely but the one layer design really stands out for me. The colours work beautifully together too.

Deanna said...

Gorgeous cards I love how you stamped them in fall colors and really love the design with the green card:)