Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Cards with Bling

We've returned from a lovely family Thanksgiving having stuffed ourselves silly with turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and pumpkin pie!  I'm heading into a busy week and won't have a lot of time for card-making, so I worked into the wee hours last night to play along with Less is More and CAS-ual Fridays.  I went a little crazy with the Less is More challenge, a bit of bling, and made five very simple Christmas cards to complete my collection for the year.  Now I've just got to write them, stamp and address them, and pop them into the mail. 

The first two cards use a Martha Stewart snowflake stamp set and were inspired by this card I saw on Pinterest and this old sketch at Clean and Simple Stamping.  If the snowflakes were a little bit lower, I think it would be pretty with a sheer organza ribbon at the top, but I don't happen to have any at the moment.



The next two cards use the fabulous sketch at CAS-ual Fridays.  For the first card I used the same Martha Stewart snowflakes and the second card uses Hero Arts Merriest Christmas Wishes.  The little star gems are by Recollections.



Finally, I used these tiny Recollections flowers to make this super simple Christmas card.  I simply added a big pink gem to the center of each.  I do like red and pink together for Christmas.


Well, if you've made it this far, thanks for sticking with me. :)  I had fun playing with bling last night, and I'm thrilled to report that my Christmas cards are very nearly finished.  Most years, I would just be getting started.  What a refreshing change!



19 comments:

Chrissie said...

These are all absolutely fabulous! Wow!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

Hi Ann, I'm not at all envious that you've nearly wrapped up your Christmas card making!!!
These are some great additions too, those snowflakes are so pretty and are just begging to be blinged :)
Love the CASual Fridays designs too, all yummy and CAS:)
Jenny x

Kim said...

What a fab collection of cards! The snowflakes ones are simply stunning!!! xxx

Mandi said...

Gorgeous cards, lve the seond
Thank you
manid LIM

Penny said...

What beautiful cards, I especially love the pretty snowflakes.


Penny

Pauline said...

Oh these are all beautiful! Love the lacy snowflake images, I have not seenn these stamps before. They look beautiful in non traditional colours. Love the little bird scene too, it's so serene.

Kathyk said...

Great selection - my personal fave is the one in lilac shades

Kathyk

Kim S said...

You were really busy with the bling! I love them all but I am particularly drawn to the very first one. The colors and arrangement of light and dark snowflakes is really stunning!

Vicky Hayes said...

They're all gorgeous Ann and well done for getting your cards done so efficiently this year!

Risa said...

Your cards ROCK Ann! I love the third and forth ones because they are EXACTLY the sketch. I had a hard time with following the sketch exactly. The first two snowflake cards are so elegant and pretty. Delightful post.

Loli said...

Hola Ann, i'm glad to see you in my blog :D:D:D.you have been
really busy...i love all your cards but the first is my favourite, the snowflakes remember me the lace, the stamp seems made with lace, very elegant cards, good job Ann.
A hug from Palma

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lovely blingy cards :)

Sally H said...

Oh wow! All gorgeous! I love them

Rosemary said...

oh my goodness!! a stunning group of cards, ann!! i love the first snowflake cards, though... both are just gorgeous!

Karen said...

A gorgeous set of card, I love the first and the fourth especially as the colours are perfectly wintery Karen x

Dana said...

So, so pretty! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Susan said...

Wow! You've really been a busy bee! Ann, all of these cards are simply beautiful...but my personal favorite is the fourth card with the beautiful blue background and the bird in the trees...so peaceful...just beautiful! I'm almost finished with my Christmas cards too...I hope!

G Peplow said...

Five fabulous cards, clever you, love them all, Gay xxx

Heather T said...

Those birch trees are so serene and beautiful. Lovely cards.