Wednesday, September 7, 2011

One Layer Wednesday 63

Hooray! I'm so happy that Susan and Jennifer are back with the One Layer Wednesday Challenge. This is the challenge that inspired me to start a blog in the first place. The challenge this week is to make a one layer baby card.

I've been planning to make a baby card with these two banner triangles for quite a while. My original intent (which is half completed) was to paper piece the bunting out of pastel colors on kraft. Since this is One Layer Wednesday, I colored my bunting with Prismacolor pencils instead of paper-piecing.




Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts kiss for the sun, PTI mega mixed messages

Ink: Memento rich cocoa
Other: Prismacolor pencils

12 comments:

Donelda said...

This is such a great idea!! You could essentially change the flag colors to be anything that fits your baby occasion!! Cool idea!!

Michelle said...

These are so cute! I love this idea. I'm wishing I had the stamps to do the same thing. :-)

Jenny said...

Arrr these are sweet Ann and just lovely for new baby cards. Cute little birdie too :)
Jenny x

Deborah Frings said...

Fabulous! Both cards are just darling! The great thing with bunting is that it can suit all occasions. Love them!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Ann! Love the idea of using bunting for a baby card - makes a lovely change. Congrats on your showcase over at LIM this week! xx

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the current craze for bunting and it's perfect for these baby cards. I love the cute bird perched on the line! Vx

Mynn xx said...

WONDERFUL cards! Love the bunting!!!

Bonnie said...

I love these pennant baby cards! I hope I can remember this idea next time I need one! Thanks for the inspiration.

Carol said...

These are so stinkin' CUTE! Must remember these when I dig out all my bunting stamps!

Jess said...

Cute cute cute! I love the cute little birdy above the banner. So colourful and sweet :)

Cheryl said...

I love your card! Banners/Bunting are so in and can be used for so many occations. Great idea!

Jennifer Styles said...

A banner and a bird, how could this not work?

Adorable baby card!

Fantastic job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW63!