Thursday, September 8, 2011

Less is More 31

The challenge at Less is More is to use something metallic on your clean and simple design. This was a difficult theme for me. I was determined to play along, so I pulled out some ancient penny copper embossing powder and set to work.

I used an old Stampin Up set called Mostly Flowers that I picked up on eBay a number of years ago but hadn't really used at all. I embossed the image on PTI vintage cream cardstock and carefully cut out the squares. I popped them up on dimensionals and stamped the sentiment in Brilliance coffee bean ink.



I had intended to use three squares in my design, but not necessarily in this arrangement. As I was playing around with them I remembered this horizontal sketch challenge I had seen on the Moxie Fab World blog. I thought the Merci sentiment fit nicely, with the large 'M' taking the place of the flower in the sketch.



Thanks for visiting today, and thanks to Mandi and Chrissie for showcasing my card from week 30. What a thrill to see my work among so many other beautiful entries. I don't know how they choose each week; there is always such beautiful inspiration at Less is More.

Supplies:


Paper: PTI vintage cream


Stamps: Stampin Up Mostly Flowers, PTI sentiment


Ink: Brilliance coffee bean, top boss embossing pad

Other: Stamp-N-Stuff penny copper embossing powder



12 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Well that stamp certainly cam into its own here! It looks fabulous embossed like this. I was so pleased to see your card show-cased Ann! Vx

Chrissie said...

This is simply fabulous... as was your showcased card!
I love how you have used the M as part of the sketch... totally inventive!
It's a gorgeous card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Deborah Frings said...

This is so elegant - so lovely!

Jenny said...

What a fabulous design Ann, the placement of the sentiment is perfect :)
Jenny x

Kim S said...

I did the same thing with that set - I picked it up cheap somewhere, maybe EBay, but I have only used it once! Now I have something to CASE! Your choice of embossing powder is perfect - it makes this card incredibly rich. And I concur that the scripty M is a perfect fourth "square".

Judy1223 said...

Ann, congrats on being show cased...I knew that card was a winner when I saw it!

I love this card...geat interpretation of the sketch, and I love the clean and simple design. very classy!

Wishcraft said...

This is gorgeous! Love the stamps you've used, the sentiment is perfect :o) Lisa x

Mandi said...

Superb card Ann, love te positioning
Well done on making our showCASe for last week
Thank you, good to see you
Mandi
"Less is More"

Bonnie said...

I love this set and it's perfect for a metallic challenge! Your placement of the squares and sentiment are awesome!

Aileen said...

Beautiful stylish card. x

lin_ka1 said...

Incredibly I like the composition of your paper. I know it by maps, the alley so the whole is excellent.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Ann! Thanks for linking this up to the Horizontal Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)