Sunday, July 24, 2011

Skipping Stones Design #85



I was blog hopping last week when I stumbled upon this great sketch from Skipping Stones Designs. The sketch immediately appealed to me, and I wanted to try it as both a card and a scrapbook layout. This company is new to me, so I do not have any of their beautiful stamps yet. It didn't say you must use Skipping Stones Designs products, so I thought I would add my projects.


For my card, I paper pieced a little Studio G cupcake and added red rhinestones for the cherries on top. I used a bit of green embroidery floss for one of the stripes. Cardstock is PTI.


Here is the scrapbook layout I made, using pictures I took on my youngest daughter's fifth birthday. (I've distorted her face for sharing on the internet, sorry!) It took many tries to get this page right, but I'm pleased with how it turned out. Title is made using Thickers and stamping is Hero Arts Sky's the Limit.


Thanks for visiting today!

9 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A FAB card, love the colours of the cupcakes and the card

Judy1223 said...

Thi is so SWEET! I love your take on the sketch...a perfect birthday card for anyone! I'd love to make a bunch of these to have on hand...always seem to need a last minute birthday card!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your card with its bright colours Ann, but the scrapbook layout is absolutely gorgeous. I shall be adapting that idea for one of my albums!

Deborah Frings said...

Really super cupcakes!! Really like the layout!

Jingle said...

Absolutely love both the card and the layout! You worked the simplicity! I love it!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at SSD!

Jenny said...

Love your card, those cupcakes sure look tasty. Fab LO too :)
Jenny x

Barb Turpin said...

Sweet little cherries on top of the cupcakes, and the layout is adorable! Thanks for playing along at Skipping Stones Design this week!

~amy~ said...

SWEET card...love your layout too! Thanks for playing with us at Skipping Stones Design!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Anne
Fabby card ....love it ....
Hugs s ylvie
xxx