Thursday, July 28, 2011

Less is More 25, Take 2

I entered a ribbon card for Less is More 25, but I also wanted to make a card featuring buttons. From time to time I pick up buttons on sale at the craft store, but I don't often use them on my cards. I've had these little star buttons sitting around, and wanted to feature them on a CAS layout.

I was picturing a simple row of buttons with my sentiment underneath, when I spotted this sketch from Lily Pad Cards, via Judy's Card Corner. It seemed to be made for just what I had in mind!


I pierced my paper where I wanted the buttons to go, and then tied them on with embroidery floss. I added a bit of ribbon and a sentiment and popped the panel up on dimensionals.



Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Sky's the Limit sentiment
Ink: Brilliance Mediterranean blue
Paper: PTI white
Others: ribbon, buttons, embroidery floss

13 comments:

Lisa A. said...

This is simply wonderful!! LOVE your brightly colored row of star buttons...perfect sentiment!!...perfect simplicity!!

Pia said...

Sweet as can be! Love your CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Lily Pad Cards.

Jenni's Jems said...

It is a great card,I love your star buttons x

Deborah Frings said...

Ultra simplicity, absolutely perfect!! Love the star buttons and sweet sentiment.

Mandi said...

Oh I love it when a plan comes together!
Rally FAB card, love it
Thank you so much
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

A perfect card for both challenges Anne, love the bright colours :)
Jenny x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Lovely card, stylish and simple , love the colours of your buttons.

Marie

Judy1223 said...

Anne, so glad you found that sketch via my blog (so happy you were at my blog, too!)! Your card is dead-on PERFECT for the challenge...great use of some sweet, colorful buttons!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this kind of burst of colour in a regimented row on a pure white background Ann - it's great!

SallyB. said...

wow, clean but great

Aileen said...

Superb card, love the row of bright stars. x

Kim S said...

This is absolutely darling!! Isn't it fun when a couple of challenges work together to make the perfect card!

Chrissie said...

Oh Yum!
This is fabulous... those buttons are simply terrific!
Super card.
Thanks again.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"