Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Less is More 24

We've just returned from a two week road trip to Yellowstone National Park in Montana and Wyoming. We spent a couple of days driving each way, visited with friends and family along the way back, and spent a week sleeping in our cozy tent in Yellowstone and Grand Teton. My husband and I had been there in the past, but what fun it was to share this beautiful treasure with our two sweet girls. They loved it! Here are just a few of the 600 pictures we took. :)



Now, it's back to business and just in time to play along with Less is More week 24. The challenge is to make a clean and simple card using circles. I used my favorite Rubber Soul polka dot stamps to create a background in red, green, and pink. Then I inked up some new AMuse holiday stamps, cut them out, and popped them up over the dotted background. I've used this simple layout in the past and I quite like it. I'm also pleased to add three more Christmas cards to my stash!




Now I'm off to have a look around and see what I've missed while we were away. Thanks for stopping by to visit today! :)

Supplies:
Paper: PTI white, red from scrap box
Stamps: Rubber Soul, AMuse

Ink: Brilliance rocket red and pearlescent ivy, Memento rosebud

14 comments:

Shobana said...

So lovely! :)
Awesome pictures of the park! Hope to go there one day myself! Tks for sharing! :)

G Peplow said...

Hi There, Welcome back, what beautiful pictures, I'm glad you had a great time. I would love to experience that road trip it looks wonderful:0)
Love your cards, brilliant for Christmas and of course LIM Gay xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

These are fabulous Christmas cards, a really strong CAS design, and the circles are perfect for the LiM challenge. Thanks for sharing your photos Ann - it looks amazing!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time and the pictures are lovely. Great cards, simple and very stylish.

Marie

GinaA said...

The polka dot stamps are just perfect. Great combination of colour and so stylish.

Debs M said...

love those circles and the sentiments are fab, gorgeous x

Chrissie said...

What a super bunch of cards and a terrific layout of pictures.
Thanks so much for joining us and we hope to see you again next time.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Willy said...

I really like these Christmas cards!

Jenny said...

Lovely to have you back again Anne and thanks for sharing your holiday photos...quite different from the sort of holiday pictures I have ;)One day I'll get to the states and see all these wondeful places.
Love how you've got straight back into the swing with three stunning cards, love the simplicity and plenty of cicles too :)
Jenny x

Gibmiss said...

Hello
Fabby card ...love it...
Hugs sylvie xxx

Judy1223 said...

Wow, what beautiful pictres from your trip...thanks for sharing them! I love your Christmas cards...great use of the circles for the challenge.
Judy

Mandi said...

FAbulous set of cards
Those pictures from your holiday look amazing
Thank you so much
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Chunyuan said...

Great card. Love the color scheme too.

Margaret said...

Gorgeous cards
Margaret x