Sunday, July 3, 2011

Less is More 22

I've just returned from taking 10 9-year old Girl Scouts on their first campout. I have a few days at home and am determined to take part in a couple of my favorite challenges, especially having missed last week's fabulous sketch for Less is More 21. The challenge for Less is More 22 is to make a clean and simple card using shades of blue. Here is my effort.



I took a piece of white cardstock and just played around with it for a while, embossing, sponging, and stamping with the snowflakes in Hero Art's Owl Christmas set. When finished, I cut it down, matted it, and place it on a dark blue card base. I've added some diamond stickles to the center of some of the snowflakes which give a nice sparkle, but it's hard to see that in the picture.

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Owl Christmas, Christmas Messages
Ink: various Memento and Color box
Paper: PTI white, enchanted evening

15 comments:

Kim S said...

I love all of the subtle shading behind the various snowflakes. It is so peaceful and given the heat here, I may just stare at it for awhile!

Jenny said...

Lovely card Ann, I bet you enjoyed just seeing this design grow as you played with your stamps :)
Jenny x

Suze Bain said...

You can see the stickles when you zoom in on the pic. Love the different snowflakes and the soft blues. xx

Rosemary said...

beautiful christmas card!!

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card. Love the stamps you've used and the sponged inks look fab :o) Lisa x

Gibmiss said...

Hi
Gorgeous card......love your idea....
hugs sylvie xx

Mandi said...

Super card Ann, really effective
Thanks so much
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Vicky Hayes said...

Building up layers of inked images like this is one of my favourite techniques and you've done a great job.

Dana said...

Very pretty!

G Peplow said...

Lovely card, cool and stylish, Gay xxx

Theresa said...

Lovely card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! this is lovely, and I love the sentiment stamp too

Liza said...

A gorgeous CAS card, I love the shades of blue.

Liza x

Lynne said...

Super card, love all the different shades of blue.
Lynne xxx

Maja said...

Gorgeous Christmas card.