Wednesday, July 27, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays # 12

The challenge at CAS-ual Fridays this week is to use stickers or rub-ons in a clean and simple design. I've never used rub-ons before and didn't think I had any. As I was looking through my scrapbooking stickers, I found one little pack of Imaginisce jungle animal rub-ons that I picked up on clearance once upon a time. I made two cards with them, and I hope they're 'casual' enough!


First up is a little baby card using a spotted giraffe. I cut the shape by hand, and I can say that I definitely need to go shopping for some new Nestabilities. They look so much neater when cut with dies.


Then I made a Miss You card using the lion. On the inside of the card I printed a computer-generated sentiment that says, " . . . and I'm not LION!"



My 9-year old will be going to a dude ranch for three nights next month with her closest friend's family. She's never been away from me for more than a night with her grandparents or best friend. I'll tuck this little lion card in her suitcase when she goes.

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI sentiments
Ink: Color Box chestnut roan
Rub-Ons: Imaginisce
Paper: miscellaneous from stash






6 comments:

Karen B. said...

Both of these are just adorable and perfect for the challenge. I think your girl will really like the Lion Card too! Thanks for playing along with us at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Judy1223 said...

So adorable! Great to find rub-ons like these in your stash! I'm sure your daughter will love finding this lion card...so sweet!

Ginny said...

I absolutely LOVE these cards. They are as cute as cute can be. Wish I could duplicate them! Can't wait till your daughter opens her LION card - what a perfect sentiment. Also, thanks *so* much for your sweet comment.

Kryssi said...

So sweet and cute! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jenny said...

Are these are so sweet, I would love to find cute rub ons like this in my stash :)
Your handcut shape is brilliant.
Jenny x

Vicky Hayes said...

You've made beautiful cards with these rub-ons Ann and I'd never have known you cut the shape out by hand (easier with a die though!) Your daughter is growing up - I bet you'll really miss her for those 3 days.