Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award


Sometime back in April the wonderfully creative Jenny of Crafting in the Country passed the Versatile Blogger Award on to me. Here it is already near the end of May. I also discovered that the talented Deborah of Deb's Gems has given me the same award. Thank you both so much.

I haven't been blogging for very long, and it is nice to know that someone actually enjoys looking at the cards I make. More importantly, I feel as if I have joined a lovely and supportive crafting community. Who knew?

To accept this award I am to thank those who shared the award with me, share some things about myself, and pass the award on.

Some random and unusual facts about me:

1. I am a mom to two wonderful daughters, age 6 and 9. My hubby is pretty great, too. :)

2. I am a teacher by profession. I taught in a small country school for eight years before my girls were born. My youngest starts full day school next year, so I'm beginning to think about getting back into the classroom. I miss it, but wouldn't trade the time I've had with my girls for anything in the world.

3. I spent my childhood summers on a small island in Washington State. I worked as a commercial fisherman there for many seasons.

4. During my summer vacations from college I worked park maintenance for a parks department. One of the parks I worked at was a farm where I helped deliver a litter of piglets.

5. I once talked a hang glider into taking me hang gliding. It was an awesome experience, but at 38 I don't think I would do it again!

6. I am the leader of two troops of Girl Scouts, one for each of my girls!

Now, to pass the award on to some other lovely Bloggers. I know that not everyone participates in blog awards, and that's okay. I'd still like to give a shout out to the following blogs that I love to visit:

1. Heather T. at Bits and Pieces
2. Colleen at Kroppykat Stamps
3. Lisa at I'm in Haven
4. Stephanie at My-Ink-Well
5. Lynne at Card's from Lynne's Loft
6. Susan Goetter at Keeping in Touch

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me for this award. I would be honoured to accept and I`m so pleased you find my cards inspiring. Thank you.
Lynne xxx

Susan said...

Thank you for thinking of me for this award and thank you for all the nice comments you leave for me on my blog! If I inspire you it delights me!!

Hugs!
Susan

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Thank you so very much for this award. I have really been enjoying your work, and I am honored that you like mine enough to be one of your bestowees (is that a word?). have a wonderful day!

Heather T said...

Thank you very much for this award and your encouragement on my blog. I am so glad you have been inspired, the feeling is mutual. I love dropping in here too.