Thursday, March 17, 2011

OLW 45

The theme for this week's One Layer Wednesday at Styles Ink was inspired by Jennifer's recent trip to Pennsylvania Dutch country. We are challenged to make a one-layer card inspired by Pennsylvania Dutch Hex signs. It was fun to read about hex signs and the special meanings of the symbols used.

I didn't think I would be able to do this one, but I started poking through my stamps and pulling out all the little pieces that I thought might work. It was fun to play with the stamps, putting them together in different ways trying to find a design that worked.

I have to say that the hard part for me was stamping the design on the finished card. It took five tries to get everything lined up, and it's still not quite right, but I had to call it good and take my bleary eyes to bed!




This morning I decided one of the rejects wasn't terrible if you didn't look too closely, so I cut it out and matted it on red cardstock. It's not one-layer, but at least I saved a piece of paper from the recycle and got more than one card for my efforts!


Supplies:
Ink: Dewdrop Brilliance rocket red, Mediterranean blue, pearlescent ivy
Stamps: PTI Floral Frenzy (daisy, leaf), Rubber Soul (circle), Fiskars Friendship Garden (tulip)
Paper: PTI White

7 comments:

Jennifer Styles said...

All I can say is you totally rocked the challenge!

Gorgeous card!

Now, go back and tell me which pressie you would choose of the magical cheese formula selects your card :)

Meghan said...

So simple, your cards look great! It's a bit of a blessing that we are our own worst critics, I think that your cards look perfect.

Susan said...

I love it! Even though it's not one layer...it looks super on the red cardstock...and you managed to "save" a reject!! Great work!

G Peplow said...

Hi there, love it, it's really lovely, you have a very good eye :0) xxx

Jenny said...

That's really fab, I really can't see any imperfections at all!!
I'm not sure I have any stamps to create a hex but I'll have a rummage too :)

Tiya-B said...

It was great before, your hex is beautiful.

Deborah Frings said...

I think the card is just beautiful. I have to admit that I rather like the one you "saved" on the red - stunning!